Wednesday, January 24, 2018

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=54UvHLfv58U
In the video above, an adaptation of Hamlet, we see how modern dress and setting have been used to give the play a very different attitude, as if the events of Hamlet just happened today. I find that it seems a bit out of place at first, but after you settle into it I honestly believe it helped make the play more relatable and understandable. The scene where you should start to see all the characters together with a good example of modern dress is at exactly 50:00.

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting interpretation of the play. I like that they used the costumes to help us better understand the characters through the modern use of clothing. It makes it that much more relatable to those that are unfamiliar with Hamlet. Although, it would have been so much better if they had better lighting, or brighter clothes, since the darkness made it hard to see anything, especially with all the dark clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too must comment about the clothing. Is the message of the modern clothing yet old English that plays or at least this play written long ago still have relevant messages to this day and time? Are they hinting that we are not to forget the past and the creations made by those talented and hard working so we may remember their legacy and ultimate message?

    ReplyDelete

Trees of Men

I have always been fascinated with trees. Ever since I was young, I loved to climb and play in them. I would observe them and ma...