Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Drama Analysis


When watching this presentation of A Doll House, something that I noticed throughout the piece was the way the costumes that the actors/actresses wore made them much more visible and eye-catching.  When looking at all of the props, and the lighting, it's all very bright, very much the same color, but the actors/actresses are all wearing dark colors, except for the white cover the first lady wears until about 1:20 into the clip.  I think that helps to show that the play is very character driven, and not very prop based at all.  It's all about the storyline, and what the characters are saying, and not at all to do with the things that are around them.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is an excellent comment. As always seems to fit within plays, I find myself asking many questions at the very first things I see. I see a Christmas tree being carried in what appears to be in a home, with a command from what must be the mother to hide the tree from the children until the evening. Is this play going to revolve around children and the magic they help bring to the holidays? Is the doll house the ultimate gift for a child from his/her poor parents? Is this going to be a story about sacrifice and the joy of giving to children with a happy tone, or will it be a sad play, shown that life isn't always going to be fair?

    ReplyDelete

Trees of Men

I have always been fascinated with trees. Ever since I was young, I loved to climb and play in them. I would observe them and ma...