Monday, March 5, 2018

Creative writing is fun

I attended the creative writing seminar that featured undergraduate contest winners. (12:05-1:20)  

The first seminar was a lot different than I thought it would be. I was mistaken, but I had thought that creative writing was typically going to be funny, out there, and random. I thought creative writing was a lot like The Onion. I was wrong. I learned that creative writing is more... well, just that. It's honestly a lot like writing a story. The three that read their essays were more or less based on experiences. Daniel Daw simply wrote about goats. He had taken his experiences from his travels to Great Britain and wrote about something (that to me) is meaningless, but to him, it made the trip that much more meaningful. It was an interesting article, and it really put perspective on what I thought writing should be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Trees of Men

I have always been fascinated with trees. Ever since I was young, I loved to climb and play in them. I would observe them and ma...