Friday, January 26, 2018

Hamlet, Lost in Thought

Hamlet

Upon viewing Hamlet's soliloquy, found at 58:08 in this recording, I found the staging to be interesting. Just before he began his soliloquy, Hamlet climbed up a small spiral staircase and sat at the top of a raised platform in a thoughtful manner. Hamlet seems to be more contemplative in his soliloquy and less tortured. He does stand and almost debate about throwing himself over the railing, but that only lasts for a moment, and he climbs back down to the safety of the stage floor to continue his contemplation until the memory of Ophelia brings him back to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trees of Men

I have always been fascinated with trees. Ever since I was young, I loved to climb and play in them. I would observe them and ma...